we don’t know about you guys, but in our book sunday night really knows how to party. maybe we were nursing a hangover that’s just starting to subside, maybe we got a couple loads of laundry done, or maybe we spent some time in the gym working off the prior night’s 2am nachos. but one thing we can always count on sunday nights this time of year is ‘girls’. each week we throw ourselves a girls’ ‘girls’ party complete with snacks and dranks, and faithfully lay all our trust in lena dunham to take us by the hand and lead us into monday.
lately we’ve been diggin this pink popcorn as our snack of choice. it’s quick, easy, delicious as shit, and feels decidedly shoshana approved.
⅔ cup popcorn kernels, POPPED
2 cups granulated sugar
⅔ cup half and half
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
6 drops red food coloring
- pour popped popcorn into extra large mixing bowl, set aside
- in a large saucepan whisk together sugar, half and half, corn syrup and salt. cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. heat to 230°, stirring constantly
- immediately remove from heat, stir in vanilla and food coloring
- drizzle mixture over popcorn and gently stir until evenly coated
- pour onto waxed paper and allow to dry for 30 minutes. store in airtight container