tank: free people; shorts: topshop; necklace: zara; rings: miscellaneous; cuff: free people; booties: shoe cult; cardboard cutout: what happens when one f-bomb can’t make it to the festival
we’ve got this thing that really grinds our gears. you know those cute little french cookies that are having such a moment right now? macarons? well they’re fuckin adorable, and come in a million pastels colors, and we’re as enamored by them as the next chick. but we’re not here to talk about those today. as an easter gift from us to you, today we’re talking about macaroons. note the double ‘o’ situation. and the fact that they are pronounced mack-uh-ROONS. and the fact that they are little stacks of coconut that have absolutely nothing to do with their much fancier parisian cousin the mack-uh-RONE, which has just a single ‘o’ situation
but we aren’t talking about juts any ol’ macaroons. we are talking about these precious little easter ones in the shape of nests that hold delicious cadbury chocolate eggs. read on to learn how to make these cute little suckers so you can run around correcting everyone’s cookie pronunciation on easter!
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 bag cadbury chocolate eggs
- frosting or nutella (optional)
- preheat oven to 350°
- with a whisk or electric mixer, beat egg whites, sugar, and extracts until mixture is frothy
- fold the coconut into the egg white mixture and stir until coconut is evenly moistened
- drop macaroons by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment covered cookie sheet, being careful to space them at least 1″ apart
- using a teaspoon, create little ‘nest’ indentations in each cookie so your cute little pastel eggs have somewhere to live
- bake macarons for about 15-20 minutes, or until they just start to turn golden brown
- cool and coat each ‘nest’ indentation with either a tiny bit of frosting or (our favorite!) nutella. this will act as a glue for your chocolate eggs
- place 2-3 chocolate eggs in each cookie nest
we had an f’in blast last night taking in the incredible views from the rooftop of the london hotel in west hollywood at the vanity fair launch party of ‘to tommy from zooey’, celebrating zooey deschanel’s capsule collection with tommy hilfiger. mod-clad waitresses carried appropriately quirky cigarette trays of candy lips, friendship bracelets and m&m’s; adorable red, white & blue polka dots lit up the pool walls; and we stood back and took in the preciousness of it all as tommy & zooey made their rounds.
the collection, in 200 macy’s stores april 14th, features (surprise!) ’60s-inspired short dresses in fun fabrics that are a perfectly peppy fusion of deschanel & hilfiger’s styles. peep our favorites picks below along with some scenes from the launch.
headed to the desert in two days and still haven’t done your artist research homework from the lineup? or, just plain ol’ on the look out for some new music to refresh your ears? we got you. because we have some insane type A tendencies, we’ve been exploring the lineup from the minute it was released and have put together what we think one just might call the ultimate coachella playlist, if we may say so ourselves. and yes it includes the just-added pixies and julian casablancas.
now, go get your listen on and use your new musical knowledge to create your own ultimate coachella schedule:
it’s no secret we love us a 60′s aesthetic. as such, we are currently obsessed with l’officiel singapore‘s shoot featuring suki waterhouse as a sophisticated socialite gone flower child on acid. the styling, the eyeliner, the fittingly psychedelic lighting — consider us sold (and filling our liner in a little thicker cat eye today).
images via fashion gone rogue
jacket: french connection; dress: asos; shoes/bag: zara
GUYS! theophilus london and blood orange did a song together! we don’t even need to tell you anything else!
we’ve been lusting after lucite objects in our home decor for quite some time now, but lately we’ve been noticing this trend crossing over into the land of fashion. peep the links below for some of the footwear we’ve got our eye on for spring – clear heels to take us past pole dancing class and into the wild blue yonder.